Everyone loves Cheese and Spinach Pie, and there are lots of healthy versions out there. This recipe brings with it fond memories of our visits to Scotland, where Lawrence, the chef of the house and a vegetarian, always serves this as his signature dish. It is always successful and so delicious.
|Snow capped Fell to cool us down|
2 pkts frozen spinach, defrosted, and squeeze all the moisture out of it
3/4 clove of garlic, roughly chopped (I add 2 cloves)
1 egg, beaten
2/3 tablespoon sour cream
1 pkt Halloumi cheese, grated ( a job for the assistant chef)
salt and pepper
3 sheets pastry - Short crust (home made if possible)/ Filo/ Puff Pastry (my choice if in a hurry)
- Oil or lightly grease a baking tray or equivalent.
- Place pastry on tray roughly, overlapping edges.
- Mix all other ingredients and press into pastry.
- Fold over pastry and leave hole in the centre.
- Bake in the oven until pastry is cooked.
Let me know if other cheeses work for you with your Cheese and Spinach pie.