Mum’s Chickpea Curry
Preparation time: 10mins
Total cooking time: 40 mins
1 tablsp. Ghee or oil
2 onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teasp. chilli powder
1 teasp. salt
1 teasp. ground turmeric
1 teasp. paprika
1 tablsp. ground coriander
1 tablsp. ground cumin
880g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
440 g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 teasp. garam masala
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the chilli powder, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the chickpeas and tomato. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garam masala. Simmer, covered,for a further 10mins. Serve as part of an Indian meal with paratha.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note - I really enjoy hearing from you.
If you would like to receive follow up comments, simply click the "Notify me" link to the right of the "Publish" and "preview" buttons.
Comments containing personal or commercial links will not be published.
(c)2014-2022 Copyright on articles and photographs by Hope Pauline McNee