Mum’s Chickpea Curry
Preparation time: 10mins
Total cooking time: 40 mins
1 tablsp. Ghee or oil
2 onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teasp. chilli powder
1 teasp. salt
1 teasp. ground turmeric
1 teasp. paprika
1 tablsp. ground coriander
1 tablsp. ground cumin
880g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
440 g (14oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 teasp. garam masala
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the chilli powder, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the chickpeas and tomato. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garam masala. Simmer, covered,for a further 10mins. Serve as part of an Indian meal with paratha.