|Beautiful Broccoli washed and ready to cook.|
- The eggs and cheese will bind the batter together well, even though it might seem a little loose and crumbly to start with.
- I used barley in my fritters, which is a healthier and nuttier flavoured option than white rice, and it was delicious. I only used it because I had a frozen container of it needing to be used up. Any healthy cooked grain will work here.
- Storebought Italian mixed herbs or oregano are interchangeable, use what you have on hand.
- Always wash your broccoli before cooking it, it has probably been sprayed during growing with some pesticides, unless you buy organic.
- Using an ice cream scoop to measure out the batter makes the process very easy.
- Leftover fritters reheat beautifully in the oven the following day for 8 minutes at 180 deg. C, 160 deg. C. fan forced. retaining their crispiness. However, they are still delicious eaten cold. They store well covered in the refrigerator for a few days but may lose some crispiness.