Dear Reader,
Please note. Comments from you keep blogs going. Without them it feels like no-one is reading. That is true of my blog and every other blog for public viewing. The stats show that people are reading my blog, so please say hello and leave a comment in the box below my post and give me the encouragement to keep writing.

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Jays Mums Pavlova Recipe

This is one of the best Pavlova recipes I have ever used. I think that soaking the sugar overnight ensures the sugar dissolves well and provides a crunchy texture.

INGREDIENTS;

2 egg whites
2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 tablespoons of boiling water
2 cups of castor sugar
4 teaspoons of white vinegar
2 teaspoons of baking powder

METHOD:

Place egg whites and sugar in a bowl. Soak this overnight. Do not refrigerate.

Beat egg whites for 7 minutes. Add the vanilla, vinegar and water. Beat until stiff (20 minutes). Add the baking powder. Cook in a slow oven for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment