Dear Reader,
Please note. Comments from you keep blogs going. Without them it feels like no-one is reading. That is true of my blog and every other blog for public viewing. The stats show that people are reading my blog, so please say hello and leave a comment in the box below my post and give me the encouragement to keep writing.

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Hope's Scotch Pancakes

This was my Mum's recipe and never failed. We often had them for tea on a Sunday night with lemon juice and sugar, which we thought was a real treat back then.

Let's cook:

Mix together 1 1/2 cups flour and 2 teaspoons cream of tartar. Beat together 1 egg and 1/2 cup sugar.

Mix in 1 cup sweet milk, in which 1 teaspoon soda has been dissolved. Add to flour.

Drop in small quantities on a greased girdle.

(This is straight from my Mum's recipe book.)

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate (Oprah Winfrey)

No comments:

Post a Comment