4-6 Granny Smith cooking apples
1-2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup water
Rhubarb and apple
Stewed dried apricots
1 cup plain flour (refined or wholemeal is preferable)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons coconut
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon Rolled oats (use a little bit less flour)
- Peel and core apples and slice thinly.
- Place in a saucepan with water and simmer gently until soft. Add sugar to taste and stir to dissolve.
- Allow to cool then pour into a pie dish, keeping back excess juice.
- Place flour in a bowl then rub in butter with the fingertips.
- Add sugar, coconut, rolled oats and cinnamon and mix well until good crumbly consistency.
- Sprinkle lightly on top of apples.
- Bake in a moderate oven until lightly browned on top.
- Serve hot or cold with boiled custard .
What do you think?