3 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 pinch salt
300ml cream + 300ml for whipping
Jam, butter and extra cream for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 220*C.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and salt.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour in the cream.
- Add 1/2 the water and stir with a butter knife.
- Add the remaining water if required. Mix until like a bread dough mixture.
- Spray and flour a baking tray.
- Pour mixture onto tray.
- Score top with a sharp knife.
- Brush with milk.
- Cook in hot oven at 200*C for 17 to 20 mins.
- Allow to cool.