Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Eggplants and chillis - today's harvest

Chillis and eggplant, working in harmony together
Companion planting works

Chillis, eggplants, and a variety of herbs are the survivors in my garden after all the rain we have had in North Queensland over recent weeks. I have harvested, just today, the first beautiful, aubergine coloured large eggplant, a variety of smaller Lebanese eggplants and lots of chillis. And of course I still have  tomato plants which are looking stronger each day, including my Amish Paste Heirloom variety.

Having lost a few punnets of seedlings over the last few weeks when I was very keen to start planting, I am now resigned to the fact that planting seedlings in the Tropics before Easter is a waste of time.However, some of my tomato and coriander seeds have germinated during the wet so all is not lost.

I now have plans to make some chilli jam, and it is definitely time for another moussaka and some
 baba ganoush.

There are lots of recipes available for chilli jam, however if you have made it and enjoyed success I would love to hear from you.







1 comment:

(c)2014-2024 Copyright on articles and photographs by Hope Pauline McNee.
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note - I love hearing from you.
If you would like to receive follow up comments, simply click the "Notify me" link to the right of the "Publish" and "preview" buttons.
Comments containing personal or commercial links will not be published.