This salad is absolutely delicious, in fact I can't emphasise enough just how delicious it is. Neil loves it as well, which is great because we will be eating it for the next couple of days to accompany whatever else we are eating. However, it is delicious eaten on it's own.
I hope you can find time to make it.
1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
2 medium carrots, grated
400g/15oz tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Small handful of grapes, halved
Small handful of pistachios
1/4 cup chopped green onions
20g fresh mint, finely sliced or 20g fresh dill, fronds only
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 finely grated garlic clove
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons mayonnaise, mixed with 1 tablespoon milk or buttermilk.
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Put on some nice music and prepare the vegetables and herbs
- Toss them all together with the nuts in a large bowl
- Whisk the oil, the lemon juice, the grated garlic clove, and the honey in a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and whisk until smooth
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Toss the mayonnaise with the vegetables
Thank you to my friends for visiting.