Chicken legs (allow 2 per person)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tin of soup (celery, asparagus or mushroom)(I prefer celery)
vegetable of soup choice
2 chopped cloves of Garlic
2 tablsp. chopped Parsley (dried is fine)
1 teas. chicken stock powder
- Saute onion gently, remove and drain.
- Brown chicken pieces, remove and drain.
- Place 1/2 tin soup in casserole dish, then 1/2 onion, 1/2 vegetable of soup choice (celery), 1/2 parsley and stock powder and then chicken pieces.
- Repeat until all ingredients are in the dish.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
Cook in a slow to moderate oven until all ingredients are cooked together and the chicken is tender.
2 teaspoons of chopped tarragon, and 1/2 cup white wine can be added to this basic recipe. If you like Dijon mustard, add 2 teaspoons of that as well. Add mushrooms 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time if you have them to enhance the flavour.
Recipes that can feed a lot of people economically but tastily are always going to be popular! Thanks for sharing this one! I don't think I've ever tried celery in a casserole before! :DReplyDelete