2 1/2 cups castor sugar
1/4 cup self raising flour
2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teasp grated lemon rind
- Cream butter, lemon rind and sugar until light and fluffy. This may take a while.
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Spread mixture into greased deep 23cm round cake tin or well greased bundt tin, and line the base with greased baking paper.
- Bake in a moderately slow oven (160 deg C-170 deg C) for 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove from the oven, turn out of tin onto a cake plate, and then pour 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- Instead of sifting icing sugar over the top, you could also drizzle lemon icing over the top for more decoration.
- Serve with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt on the side.