Saturday, 3 May 2014

Salmon and Pickled Galangal parcels


Click here for recipe:

Salmon parcels, and pickled galangal, baked in the oven,  lend themselves to some exciting variations now that the weather is cooling down. I was planning to use grated ginger in this dish tonight, but didn't feel like delving into the darkening garden to dig some up. I hadn't been organised enough to get some earlier in the day.

As my ingredients so far were basically Asian, soy sauce and spring onions, I thought I would use my
pickled galangal instead of the ginger, also home grown, surely a marriage made in heaven. The attractive salmon coloured galangal, matched the pink Tasmanian salmon perfectly, contrasting nicely with the sliced green spring onions, and soy sauce, and bringing some nice crunch to every mouthful.

I'm afraid the photo doesn't do the dish justice.Too hungry to fiddle with the arrangement for very long this time.

This recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment