Dear Reader,
Please note. Comments from you keep blogs going. Without them it feels like no-one is reading. That is true of my blog and every other blog for public viewing. The stats show that people are reading my blog, so please say hello and leave a comment in the box below my post and give me the encouragement to keep writing.

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Chinese Chicken

This Chinese Chicken Marinade or Sauce works well with baked chicken wings, or breasts, or a whole baked chicken. I generally cook the meat as per usual until half cooked, pour off half the fat and then cover with the sauce and cook until meat is cooked and sauce has glazed.  It is important to watch it toward the end of the cooking time so that the sauce doesn't burn. This was a firm family favourite when the children lived at home and is still on the holiday menu repertoire.

The ingredients seem simple I know, but if the balance is wrong it just doesn't taste right.

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoons white wine or Chinese wine
1 tablespoon white vinegar or Rice wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or crushed garlic to taste (I like a few cloves)
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 tablespoons low salt soy sauce

The following optional ingredients can be added, particularly for a BBQ:
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 tablespoon good mango chutney
sliced chilli
(I generally add the mango chutney whenever I cook this.)

Serve with rice and Asian stir fried vegetables.

(I'll add a photo when I make this next time.)
This recipe is dedicated to Therese, a beautiful lady who was  a book binder at a library I worked at in a previous life, and who gave me this recipe which I have modified slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment